How to apply
Please download and complete the application form. You will also need to download the Eligibility Form and have it completed. It is recommended that you download and read Your Questions Answered too.
- Application Form in pdf format - [yellow document] (~400Kb)
- Eligibility Form in pdf format- [blue document] (~350Kb)
- Your Questions Answered in pdf format- [green document] (~300Kb)
Please note the following important dates:
- Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 15th May 2015 at 12.00 noon.
- Information sessions on VTOS will be held during the week of 22nd May 2015
- An English language test will be held for all applicants for whom English is not their first language during the week of 22nd May 2015
- Interviews for VTOS will be held between the 25th and 29th May 2015
Who is eligible?
An applicant for VTOS must be at least 21 years of age and getting one of the following payments for at least six months (156 days):
- Jobseeker's Benefit
- One-Parent Family Payment
- Invalidity Pension
- Disability Allowance
- Disability Benefit
- Illness Benefit
The following categories are also eligible to apply for VTOS, provided they are at least 21 years of age and can satisfy the Department of Social Protection that they have not been engaged in work for at least six months, and are in receipt of one of the following payments:
- Blind Person’s Pension
- Deserted Wife’s Allowance
- Deserted Wife’s Benefit
- Widow/er’s non-contributory pension
- Widow/er’s contributory pension
- Prisoner’s Wife’s Allowance
A person who received statutory redundancy but who has not been in receipt of a qualifying payment for the required period may be permitted to participate in a VTOS course after being made redundant. This applies solely to persons in receipt of, or awaiting payment of, agreed statutory redundancy, who are over 21 years of age and available for a full-time course.
Persons signing for credits for at least six months, and the Dependent Spouse of an eligible person can also apply, but will not receive a training allowance.
Periods spent in receipt of a Carer’s Allowance, on FÁS Training Courses, Community Employment Schemes, Jobs Initiative, and Youthreach Programmes, or time in Prison, can count towards this six-month qualifying period but a person must be getting one of the relevant social welfare payments immediately before the course commencement date.
Page last updated on
24-04-2015 at 10:08:37